Thursday, August 23, 2012

My First Recipe

I have concocted a pretty delicious "chicken salad sandwich spread", if you will, out of my own imagination. I am trying to think up a name for it, and all I've got so far is

SUPER MEGA ULTRA LIGHTNING SANDWICH MIX!!!

Exclamation points included in the official title. So, here is what I do. I made a whole batch of it today, enough for everyone and a couple days after. 

I boiled 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then allowed them to cool and chopped them up.

Added 3 table spoons of Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayonnaise

Added 3 teaspoons of Honey Mustard

Added two chopped Celery Stalks

Added one chopped Fuji Apple

Added about 3/4 cup of chopped Red and Green Grapes

Added 2 tablespoons of Almond Slivers

Added some Pepper

Et voila! 
continued after the pic 

I put about 1/5 of this mixture on a toasted sandwich round. (You know, those things that look like hamburger buns that got run over by a truck.)

This has been very difficult for me to decipher how many calories are actually in this once I eat only a bit of it. So I looked at what was on my bun and guessed at how much of each item was on it. My "guess" came to right around 102 calories, without the 100 calorie bun. I could be right. I could be off by 500 calories. Can anyone out there make an educated guess on this? 

1 comment:

  1. ADJUSTMENT: I've figured it is around 166 calories without the bread.

    ReplyDelete